-   -   Why does a column add incorrectly when usng autosum? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92517-why-does-column-add-incorrectly-when-usng-autosum.html)

cindy sue

Why does a column add incorrectly when usng autosum?

When I add a column of numbers on my spreadsheet using Auto Sum it does not
add correctly. The total is $.01 off. What am I missing?

Ron Coderre

Why does a column add incorrectly when usng autosum?

See if this link points you in the right direction:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron