-   -   Changing Dates in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9251-changing-dates-excel.html)

Jackie

Changing Dates in Excel

When I open a file, the dates keep changing to the current date. How do I
stop this?

Bob Phillips

It must be a formula (=TODAY()).

You need to input the dates (Ctrl-:), or use VBA to set them.

What does the spreadsheet do?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jackie" wrote in message
When I open a file, the dates keep changing to the current date. How do I
stop this?

Jackie

When I open a file with a previous date it changes it to the current date. I
need to know how to turn it off so I can keep the previous date?

"Jackie" wrote in message
When I open a file, the dates keep changing to the current date. How do I
stop this?

Bob Phillips

I think that was what I answered.

--