-   -   LEAVE BLANK IF NEGATIVE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9232-leave-blank-if-negative.html)

Carolan

LEAVE BLANK IF NEGATIVE

I know this can be done.....just don't know how. Trying to create a formula
that would leave the cell Column C1 empty if the result of Column A1
minus-Column B1 is negative. If A1 -B1 is positive it would enter the
result. Help please!!!!

If A1 - B1 = Positive figure, enter the result in C1
If A1 - B1 = Negative figure, do not enter result in C1

--
Carolan

Jason Morin

=IF(A1-B1=0,A1-B1,"")

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I know this can be done.....just don't know how. Trying

to create a formula
that would leave the cell Column C1 empty if the result

of Column A1
minus-Column B1 is negative. If A1 -B1 is positive it

would enter the
result. Help please!!!!

If A1 - B1 = Positive figure, enter the result in C1
If A1 - B1 = Negative figure, do not enter result in C1

--
Carolan
.

RagDyeR

Try this:

=IF(MAX(A1-B1,0)=0,"",A1-B1)
--

HTH,

RD

"Carolan" wrote in message
I know this can be done.....just don't know how. Trying to create a formula
that would leave the cell Column C1 empty if the result of Column A1
minus-Column B1 is negative. If A1 -B1 is positive it would enter the
result. Help please!!!!

If A1 - B1 = Positive figure, enter the result in C1
If A1 - B1 = Negative figure, do not enter result in C1

--
Carolan

Carolan

Thank you!!!!