-   -   Delete rows if specific criteria not met. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92318-delete-rows-if-specific-criteria-not-met.html)

SITCFanTN

Delete rows if specific criteria not met.

I have a spreadsheet with 8 columns. I want to delete all rows that don't
have the text "Remittance" in column B. I would like to put the code in an
existing macro. Is this very difficult? Thanks

Chip Pearson

Delete rows if specific criteria not met.

Try

Dim LastRow As Long
Dim RowNdx As Long
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(RowNdx, "B") < "Remittance" Then
Rows(RowNdx).Delete
End If
Next RowNdx

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"SITCFanTN" wrote in
message
I have a spreadsheet with 8 columns. I want to delete all rows
that don't
have the text "Remittance" in column B. I would like to put
the code in an
existing macro. Is this very difficult? Thanks

JMB

Delete rows if specific criteria not met.

One way:

Sub test()
Const strCriteria As String = "remittance"
Dim rngData As Range
Dim rngCell As Range
Dim rngDelete As Range

With Worksheets("Sheet1") '<<<<<Change
Set rngData = Intersect(.UsedRange, .Columns(2))
End With

For Each rngCell In rngData
If LCase(rngCell.Value) < LCase(strCriteria) Then
If rngDelete Is Nothing Then
Set rngDelete = rngCell
Else: Set rngDelete = Union(rngDelete, rngCell)
Next rngCell

If Not rngDelete Is Nothing Then _
rngDelete.EntireRow.Delete

End Sub

"SITCFanTN" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 8 columns. I want to delete all rows that don't
have the text "Remittance" in column B. I would like to put the code in an
existing macro. Is this very difficult? Thanks

Barb Reinhardt

Delete rows if specific criteria not met.

I've done this but don't have the code at home. If you haven't gotten an
answer by tomorrow, I'll copy what I have then.