-   -   I get some negative numbers when I use the RAND() function--Why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92283-i-get-some-negative-numbers-when-i-use-rand-function-why.html)

CaliDave

I get some negative numbers when I use the RAND() function--Why?

can anyone help me?

Dave Peterson

I get some negative numbers when I use the RAND() function--Why?

I think that this was a problem in early versions of xl2003.

There was a service pack that fixed this problem.

If you click on Help|about, what version (including service pack) do you see?

If it's xl2003 and not SP2, then it's off to microsoft.com to get the update.

CaliDave wrote:

can anyone help me?

--

Dave Peterson

CaliDave

I get some negative numbers when I use the RAND() function--Wh

Thanks Dave, All I see when I look in About is "Microsoft Office Excel 2003"

When I check my System Info, Version list "5.1.2600 service Pack 2 Build 2600"

Is this what you are talking about or is there a specify SP for Excel? If
so, where on the site can I find the update?

Thx again... dave-

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think that this was a problem in early versions of xl2003.

There was a service pack that fixed this problem.

If you click on Help|about, what version (including service pack) do you see?

If it's xl2003 and not SP2, then it's off to microsoft.com to get the update.

CaliDave wrote:

can anyone help me?

--

Dave Peterson

CaliDave

I get some negative numbers when I use the RAND() function--Wh

Nevermind, I found the it: 833855 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833855/)
Excel 2003 hotfix package: February 29, 2004

Never thought it be this easy.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think that this was a problem in early versions of xl2003.

There was a service pack that fixed this problem.

If you click on Help|about, what version (including service pack) do you see?

If it's xl2003 and not SP2, then it's off to microsoft.com to get the update.

CaliDave wrote:

can anyone help me?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I get some negative numbers when I use the RAND() function--Wh

I would have guessed that one of the SP's included that fix, but glad you got it
working.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think that this was a problem in early versions of xl2003.

There was a service pack that fixed this problem.

If you click on Help|about, what version (including service pack) do you see?

If it's xl2003 and not SP2, then it's off to microsoft.com to get the update.

CaliDave wrote:

can anyone help me?

--

Dave Peterson