-   -   Can you round up numbers to the nearest multiple of ten? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92208-can-you-round-up-numbers-nearest-multiple-ten.html)

Tilly

Can you round up numbers to the nearest multiple of ten?

I have a spreadsheet that gives me the total number of people passing through
our gates each year for each site, however I need to round up the numbers to
the nearest mulitple of ten for our brochure numbers, is there an easy way to
do this or is it a case of putting them in manually/

Chip Pearson

Can you round up numbers to the nearest multiple of ten?

Try

=ROUNDUP(A1,-1)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tilly" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that gives me the total number of people
passing through
our gates each year for each site, however I need to round up
the numbers to
the nearest mulitple of ten for our brochure numbers, is there
an easy way to
do this or is it a case of putting them in manually/

RJ

Can you round up numbers to the nearest multiple of ten?

You can us the Excel round funtion to round to the nearest multiple of ten.

For example if cell A1 contained the number 16, the function to round this
number to 20 would be: =round(A1,-1).

Hopefully this helps :-)

"Tilly" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that gives me the total number of people passing through
our gates each year for each site, however I need to round up the numbers to
the nearest mulitple of ten for our brochure numbers, is there an easy way to
do this or is it a case of putting them in manually/

Tilly

Can you round up numbers to the nearest multiple of ten?

Thanks that's great, worked a treat!

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Try

=ROUNDUP(A1,-1)