-   -   How do I add help text to an excel function I have created (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9216-how-do-i-add-help-text-excel-function-i-have-created.html)

Peter 99

How do I add help text to an excel function I have created

I have some functions in Excel (created in version 4) that don't have any
help text i.e. don't give a description of what the function does. How can I
add help text to these functions

Norman Jones

"Peter 99" <Peter wrote in message
I have some functions in Excel (created in version 4) that don't have any
help text i.e. don't give a description of what the function does. How
can I
add help text to these functions

Hi Peter,

This is not natively supported in Excel but you may like to look at Laurent
Longre's Funcustomize add-in which is freely downloadable at:

http://longre.free.fr/english/

---
Regards,
Norman

Gord Dibben

You can add a brief description(not arguments) if you open the VBEditor and
ViewObject Browser.

Find your UDF and right-click and you can add a comment there.

Otherwise follow Bob's pointer.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP