Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Saintsman

Default Circular Reference

In a column of numbers I subtotal at various points - I use the
Subtotal(9,Range)
These subtotals are rounded to nearest 100.
I then have a grand total, again using Subtotal(9,Range)
This grand total is rounded to nearest 1000

I need to ensure that sum of the subtotals = Grand total (which they often
don't due to rounding) & so I need to add in a balancing number to one of the
subtotals.
I have a cell which gives me the number I need, but I get a circular
reference error when I link to it. Is there a way in which I can ignore the
formula, but use the result?
This needs to be an auto function as the spreadsheet has other user
variables which effect the numbers

Can anybody help?
David