-   -   Countif Using Multiple Logic Tests (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92024-countif-using-multiple-logic-tests.html)

Carl

Countif Using Multiple Logic Tests

I am trying to use countif to count the number of times a number greater than
3 AND less than 10 occurs in a table. I can use countif for one criteria only
but cannot find a way to get it to work with more than one logic test. The
following formula does not work: COUNTIF(A1:A8,"and(3,<10)")
Thanks in advance,

Peo Sjoblom

Countif Using Multiple Logic Tests

Use 2

=COUNTIF(A1:A8,"3")-COUNTIF(A1:A8,"=10")

or sumproduct

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A83),--(A1:A8<10))

will return the same result

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Carl" wrote in message
I am trying to use countif to count the number of times a number greater
than
3 AND less than 10 occurs in a table. I can use countif for one criteria
only
but cannot find a way to get it to work with more than one logic test. The
following formula does not work: COUNTIF(A1:A8,"and(3,<10)")
Thanks in advance,

Ron Coderre

Countif Using Multiple Logic Tests

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A83)*(A1:A8<10))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Carl" wrote:

I am trying to use countif to count the number of times a number greater than
3 AND less than 10 occurs in a table. I can use countif for one criteria only
but cannot find a way to get it to work with more than one logic test. The
following formula does not work: COUNTIF(A1:A8,"and(3,<10)")
Thanks in advance,

Carl

Countif Using Multiple Logic Tests

That solved the problem. Thanks!