-   -   How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92021-how-link-2-cells-sht-1-1-cell-sht-2-separated-w-slash.html)

Peri

How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

Using MS Excel Office 2003. I want to link the values of two separate cells
of Sheet 1 to one cell of Sheet 2 separated by a slash. I want it to look
like a fraction, but I do not want it to reduce the fraction.

Dave Peterson

How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

=sheet1!a1 & "/" & sheet1!a2

If you want to format the numbers, you can do something like:
=text(sheet1!a1,"000.0") & "/" & text(sheet1!a2,"00000")

--

Dave Peterson

Biff

How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

Hi!

Try this:

=Sheet1!A1&"/"&Sheet1!A2

Biff

"Peri" wrote in message
Using MS Excel Office 2003. I want to link the values of two separate
cells
of Sheet 1 to one cell of Sheet 2 separated by a slash. I want it to look
like a fraction, but I do not want it to reduce the fraction.

Peri

How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w sl

Thank you, Dave! It worked!