Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
phat al

Default Is this possible?

I need to make a sheet that give totals based on monthly figures from
last year.
Then based on difference between the 2 it will show no increase and no
bonus, or it will show an increase and bonus based on increments $75.
to help I will make one that needs work.

One month Last year the store made 31.82% on it’s money.
The bonus for anything over is $75 per 10% increments.
Ie
0.00% $400
0.10% $475
0.20% $550
0.30% $625
0.40% $700
So this month was over last months, 37.18% so the bonus was $3,975.

What formula do I use to make this calculation shown under % is nothing
but anything over adds up to a relation with $75. added to a base of
$400 every 10%.
This hurt my head trying to get it right and im new to this more
complicated formulas.

Please in advance to anyone who has time to help Thank you

--
phat al
phat al's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

A1=$400
B1=31.82%
C1=37.18%
D1=A1+INT(MAX(0,C1-B1+0.0999)*10)*75

Arvi Laanemets

"phat al" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
phat al

Ok so lets see if I get this in my head right ….
D1=A1+INT(MAX(0,C1-B1+0.0999)*10)*75

The total showing from that sum is 476.0000 ? I don’t think that’s
right

37.18 - 31.82 = 5.36 , the sum im looking for starts @ $400 and in
increments of ten I add $75 to each one.

0.00% $400
0.10% $475
0.20% $550
and then we jump too where i think we should be
5.20% 4300
5.30% 4375
5.40% 4450

I think the total im looking for is this 5.30% which is 4,375.00, if I
start with a base of $400 and add $75 every 10%?
Am I correct? Or have I made a mistake calculating.
What can I do to that sum to make it work?

Thank you so far for your help it is appreciated

--
phat al
phat al's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34988
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548169

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
phat al

Thank you bonnie lass for your time and knowledge.
Could you advise me on a book to read that will help me, I was thinking
dummies guide to excel?

--
phat al
phat al's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34988
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548169

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

"phat al" wrote in
message ...

Thank you bonnie lass

It's bonnie lad actually - but at least you were right with he bonnie part
<g

Could you advise me on a book to read that will help me

You are asking the wrong person because I have never read any books about
Excel - just these Newsgroups and I have never had a computer lesson in my
life.

I have heard in these NG's that John Walkenbach writes good, easy to follow
books, one of which I believe is on Excel Functions but I think that perhaps
you could start by going to your local library and see what is there

--
Good lick,

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"phat al" wrote in
message ...

Thank you bonnie lass for your time and knowledge.
Could you advise me on a book to read that will help me, I was thinking
dummies guide to excel?

--
phat al
phat al's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548169

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

I'm somewhat confused - are increments 10%, or 0.1% ???

I understood, that when 37.18% - 31.82% = 5.36% , then it falls into
interval between 0%-10%, which makes the bonus $75. And the formula returns
$475

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"phat al" wrote in
message ...