Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Palmley

Default Extracting and using Text from external sources

Please can somebody help me out on this problem...
I download a text file from external stations which I cut and paste into
worksheet 2 (all into column A).
In worksheet 1, I have to enter data (taken from the downloaded file) into
various cells.
i.e.
From the downloaded text file on worksheet 2, part of the text file will
read.......Forward power is 75 watts.
I need to put the '75 watts' in to F38 on worksheet 1.
I started off by simply linking F38 to the corresponding cell on worksheet2,
but this doesn't work as each downloaded file is of different lengths.

I have tried to use FIND, VLOOKUP, SEARCH, MATCH, MID, but cant figure it
out.

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.Thanks.