-   -   formula/function that prints only positve numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/91935-formula-function-prints-only-positve-numbers.html)

Kara Hoover

formula/function that prints only positve numbers

I have a overtime worksheet, but I only want the computed totals above 40
hours to print in the Overtime column (not the negative numbers). Is there a
formula-function that will provide such??

Elkar

formula/function that prints only positve numbers

Try the MAX function.

=MAX(A1,0)

This returns the larger of the two values A1 or 0. Thus, if A1 is ever
negative, 0 will be returned. You can substitute whatever formula you're
currently using for A1.

Another option, if you don't want 0's, is an IF Statement.

=IF(A1<=0,"",A1)

This states that if A1 (or your formula) is less than or equal to 0, return
a blank (double quotes), otherwise return the value of A1.

HTH,
Elkar

"Kara Hoover" wrote:

I have a overtime worksheet, but I only want the computed totals above 40
hours to print in the Overtime column (not the negative numbers). Is there a
formula-function that will provide such??

Kara Hoover

formula/function that prints only positve numbers

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...