-   -   Pivot Table % calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9193-pivot-table-%25-calculation.html)

CSAH

Pivot Table % calculation

I need to calculate a % based on a grouped totalin a pivot table. I've tried
calculated field & items but can't get them to work. If I use a calculated
item I get this:

Reg1 Reg2
Item1 Sales 100 200
Item2 Sales 200 300
Total Sales 300 500

Item1 Margin 50 150
Item2 Margin 100 200
Total Margin 150 350

Item1 Margin% 50% 75%
Item2 Margin% 50% 66%
Total Margin% 100% 133% When the values S/B 50% and 70%

I know this should be easy but I can't figure it out.
Thank you all very much
--
CSAHP

Debra Dalgleish

The subtotals in the pivot table will all use the same function -- in
this case they're all SUM functions. You could use conditional
formatting to hide the Total Margin% row, and do your own calculation
outside of the pivot table.

CSAH wrote:
I need to calculate a % based on a grouped totalin a pivot table. I've tried
calculated field & items but can't get them to work. If I use a calculated
item I get this:

Reg1 Reg2
Item1 Sales 100 200
Item2 Sales 200 300
Total Sales 300 500

Item1 Margin 50 150
Item2 Margin 100 200
Total Margin 150 350

Item1 Margin% 50% 75%
Item2 Margin% 50% 66%
Total Margin% 100% 133% When the values S/B 50% and 70%

I know this should be easy but I can't figure it out.
Thank you all very much

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List