-   -   conditional formatting 2 cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/91750-conditional-formatting-2-cells.html)

debjocc

conditional formatting 2 cells

in Excel 2002 it states that you can use up to 3 different conditions for a
conditional format, but it will only use the first format that is applied
when the condition is true. Am I reading this wrong? What good are the second
and third conditions if it will only use the first format? Assuming I don't
get it, I would like to apply 2 different formats in the same cell, depending
upon the entries in 2 different cells. Cell A1 = 10, Cell B1 = 15,
conditional format is if C1 is greater than A1 apply yellow, if C1 is greater
than B1, apply bold in addition to yellow. Can this be done without VB code?

Thanks, smart people!

Marcelo

conditional formatting 2 cells

you could use "THE FORMULA IS" on the conditional format with a formula like

=AND((C1A1),(C1<B1)) FORMAT AS YELLOW

hope it helps
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"debjocc" escreveu:

in Excel 2002 it states that you can use up to 3 different conditions for a
conditional format, but it will only use the first format that is applied
when the condition is true. Am I reading this wrong? What good are the second
and third conditions if it will only use the first format? Assuming I don't
get it, I would like to apply 2 different formats in the same cell, depending
upon the entries in 2 different cells. Cell A1 = 10, Cell B1 = 15,
conditional format is if C1 is greater than A1 apply yellow, if C1 is greater
than B1, apply bold in addition to yellow. Can this be done without VB code?

Thanks, smart people!

Toppers

conditional formatting 2 cells

Set 1st condition as "Value is" $B$1 and colour yellow, font bold
set 2nd condition as "Value is" $A$1 and colour yellow

HTH

"debjocc" wrote:

in Excel 2002 it states that you can use up to 3 different conditions for a
conditional format, but it will only use the first format that is applied
when the condition is true. Am I reading this wrong? What good are the second
and third conditions if it will only use the first format? Assuming I don't
get it, I would like to apply 2 different formats in the same cell, depending
upon the entries in 2 different cells. Cell A1 = 10, Cell B1 = 15,
conditional format is if C1 is greater than A1 apply yellow, if C1 is greater
than B1, apply bold in addition to yellow. Can this be done without VB code?

Thanks, smart people!

SteveG

conditional formatting 2 cells

Assuming the 10 and 15 are constants. Since B1 is greater than A1 then
if C1 is greater than B1, C1 will always be greater than A1 so in the
first condition, select the Formula is option and enter this:

=C1B1

Format for Bold and Yellow

Second condition:

=C1A1

Format for yellow only.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

debjocc

conditional formatting 2 cells

Thank you very much, that worked exactly!

"SteveG" wrote:

Assuming the 10 and 15 are constants. Since B1 is greater than A1 then
if C1 is greater than B1, C1 will always be greater than A1 so in the
first condition, select the Formula is option and enter this:

=C1B1

Format for Bold and Yellow

Second condition:

=C1A1