-   -   HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER: (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/91697-heres-real-brain-twister.html)

greenlion

HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

now I need to know how to formulate each cell next to the appropriate
salesperson to calculate running total gross for each seperate salesperson.
is this possible? here's what I need:

salesman TOTAL UNITS TOTAL GROSS
CJ 0 $-
FC 0 $-
JL 0 $-
SC 0 $-
TH 0 $-
RA 0 $-
HS 0 $-

Toppers

HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

How is total gross calculated? Is total units multiplied by ? And what is raw
data for each salesperson used to get total units?

It looks like a SUMIF solution:

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"CJ",B1:b100) where col A has Salesperson and column B has
data (units) to totalled.

"greenlion" wrote:

now I need to know how to formulate each cell next to the appropriate
salesperson to calculate running total gross for each seperate salesperson.
is this possible? here's what I need:

salesman TOTAL UNITS TOTAL GROSS
CJ 0 $-
FC 0 $-
JL 0 $-
SC 0 $-
TH 0 $-
RA 0 $-
HS 0 $-

CLR

HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

You might want to take a look at the Data Subtotals feature. It will take
a list of multiple entries for each salesperson and accumulate each one's
total.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"greenlion" wrote:

now I need to know how to formulate each cell next to the appropriate
salesperson to calculate running total gross for each seperate salesperson.
is this possible? here's what I need:

salesman TOTAL UNITS TOTAL GROSS
CJ 0 $-
FC 0 $-
JL 0 $-
SC 0 $-
TH 0 $-
RA 0 $-
HS 0 $-

greenlion

HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

here is my header row below; the salespeople won't have their own separate
spreadsheet; the totals are at the bottom, but since the data will be input
at random per salesperson, how can I get the "gross" figure that's next to
each individual person calculate as a running total for that specific person?

SALE PRICE COST GROSS SALES FIN TYPE DEL. DATE MTD
$ $ $ $

"greenlion" wrote:

now I need to know how to formulate each cell next to the appropriate
salesperson to calculate running total gross for each seperate salesperson.
is this possible? here's what I need:

salesman TOTAL UNITS TOTAL GROSS
CJ 0 $-
FC 0 $-
JL 0 $-
SC 0 $-
TH 0 $-
RA 0 $-
HS 0 $-

greenlion

HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

your answer is clearly the one I will use. Thanks!

"greenlion" wrote:

now I need to know how to formulate each cell next to the appropriate
salesperson to calculate running total gross for each seperate salesperson.
is this possible? here's what I need:

salesman TOTAL UNITS TOTAL GROSS
CJ 0 $-
FC 0 $-
JL 0 $-
SC 0 $-
TH 0 $-
RA 0 $-
HS 0 $-

CLR

HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

Happy to help, and thanks for the feedback.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3