-   -   Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9143-data-validation.html)

Galsaba

Data Validation

How can I create a drop down list, while the list of item to be choose will be
on a different worksheet?

GalSaba

Debra Dalgleish

If you name the list on the other sheet, you can refer to it by name in
the data validation dialog box. There are instructions he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Peo Sjoblom

Use a named range and then refer to that name, i.e.

list is in A1:A20 sheet2

select the range and name it MyList, now in the other sheet select the
cell, do datavalidationallowlist and use

=MyList

Peo Sjoblom

"Galsaba" wrote in message
How can I create a drop down list, while the list of item to be choose
will be
on a different worksheet?

GalSaba

Dave Peterson

Define a Range Name.

Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name

And if that list can grow, you could define a name that refers to a dynamic
range.
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic