-   -   Looking for a formula to create a mnemonic, using two existing col (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/91294-looking-formula-create-mnemonic-using-two-existing-col.html)

Mnemonic Man

Looking for a formula to create a mnemonic, using two existing col

lets say my excel sheet looks like this:

A B C
Last Name First Name Mnemonic
Johnston John

at the moment the mnemonic column is empty...what I want to do, is create a
formula that can take the FIRST letter of the FIRST name, and the first SEVEN
letters from the LAST name and insert it into column C. So Excel would take
Johnston, John and turn it to Jjohnsto. Can anyone offer me help with this?

Toppers

Looking for a formula to create a mnemonic, using two existing col

=left(b1,1)&left(a1,7)

"Mnemonic Man" wrote:

lets say my excel sheet looks like this:

A B C
Last Name First Name Mnemonic
Johnston John

at the moment the mnemonic column is empty...what I want to do, is create a
formula that can take the FIRST letter of the FIRST name, and the first SEVEN
letters from the LAST name and insert it into column C. So Excel would take
Johnston, John and turn it to Jjohnsto. Can anyone offer me help with this?

Mnemonic Man

Looking for a formula to create a mnemonic, using two existing

Perfect! Thank you so much, I just got the mnemonic for 950+ names in about
30 seconds with your help!

"Toppers" wrote:

=left(b1,1)&left(a1,7)

"Mnemonic Man" wrote:

lets say my excel sheet looks like this:

A B C
Last Name First Name Mnemonic
Johnston John

at the moment the mnemonic column is empty...what I want to do, is create a
formula that can take the FIRST letter of the FIRST name, and the first SEVEN
letters from the LAST name and insert it into column C. So Excel would take
Johnston, John and turn it to Jjohnsto. Can anyone offer me help with this?

Toppers

Looking for a formula to create a mnemonic, using two existing

No problem .... and thank you for the feedback.

"Mnemonic Man" wrote:

Perfect! Thank you so much, I just got the mnemonic for 950+ names in about
30 seconds with your help!

"Toppers" wrote:

=left(b1,1)&left(a1,7)