-   -   multiple vlookups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9120-multiple-vlookups.html)

inthestands

multiple vlookups

I have two spreadsheets where I need to confirm that the correct price has
been entered for a customer. The customer has numerous items that he
purchases. These items may be the same for different customers, but may be
priced differently. T

customer
1234
1234
1234
1234
4555
4555
4555
7888
7888
7888
9344
9344
--
inthestands

[email protected]

inthestands wrote...
I have two spreadsheets where I need to confirm that the correct price

has
been entered for a customer. The customer has numerous items that he
purchases. These items may be the same for different customers, but

may be
priced differently. T

This isn't spreadsheet-specific. If you could charge the same customer
or different customers different prices for the same item (e.g.,
airfares), then you need more identifying information than just
customer ID or item ID. You'd need a price table keyed by transaction
number or customer ID *and* item ID *and* transaction date. Without
sufficient detail to identify every different price, you can't reliably
do what you want to do.