Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved

Default Works if I copy F Col to A Col

Hello from Steved

The below formula works ok If I use the lookup reference in A column.

I need this to use the below in F column in stead off A Please.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(--A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$H$50000,2,FALSE)),"
",VLOOKUP(--A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$H$50000,2,FALSE)).

Thankyou.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
C01d

Could you provide more information on your problem? Are you trying to
copy the formula from column A to F or trying to lookup values in
column F instead of A?

--
C01d
C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34422

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved

Hello From Steved

trying to lookup values in column F instead of A?

What I done was to insert a column in A then copied the F Col to check to
see if the formula would work and it does now i've put the information back
in Column F.

"C01d" wrote:

Could you provide more information on your problem? Are you trying to
copy the formula from column A to F or trying to lookup values in
column F instead of A?

--
C01d
C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34422
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546582

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carlos Antenna

The lookup value must be in the first column of the range.

From help on vlookup:

Syntax

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ran ge_lookup)

Lookup_value is the value to be found in the first column of the array.
Lookup_value can be a value, a reference, or a text string.

--

Carlos

Hello From Steved

"C01d" wrote:

Could you provide more information on your problem? Are you trying to
copy the formula from column A to F or trying to lookup values in
column F instead of A?

--
C01d
C01d's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR

Then, just use the Index() & Match() combo:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(--A7,Sheet2!$F$2:$F$50000,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet2!$A$2:$ H$50000,M
ATCH(--A7,Sheet2!$F$2:$F$50000,0),2))

--

HTH,

RD

"Carlos Antenna" wrote:

The lookup value must be in the first column of the range.

From help on vlookup:

Syntax

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ran ge_lookup)

Lookup_value is the value to be found in the first column of the array.
Lookup_value can be a value, a reference, or a text string.

--

Carlos

Hello From Steved