-   -   Formatting Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9108-formatting-cells.html)

Randy Balch

Formatting Cells

I have created a payroll spreadsheet that calculates FICA and MEDICARE W/H.
I formatted the cells to 2 places. The MEDICARE W/H formula calculates to 3
decimal places, but displays 2 places in the cell. When Net Pay is
calculated the formula includes the 3 place calculation which makes the total
off by one cent.

Can anyone help???

You may email me at:

AlecHull

You probably know that the format and the precision are not the same thing --
just because a number is formatted to two digits doesn't mean it's used in
calculations that way. Can you limit the MEDICARE W/H formula to 2 digits,
or at least round it within the net pay formula? You can use the round
function to do this.

AlecHull