-   -   How do I ROUND() round off decimals of a column dataset? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9077-how-do-i-round-round-off-decimals-column-dataset.html)

Højrup

How do I ROUND() round off decimals of a column dataset?

After importing data with four decimals into my Excel worksheet, I want to
round off all data to one decimal. It is rather cumbersome to round each
datapoint one by one. Is there a quicker way?

Max

Try on a spare copy

Assuming your data is in col A, A1 down

Put in B1: =ROUND(A1,1)
Copy down

Select col B

Do a copy paste special values ok
over col A (overwrite col A)

Delete col B

--
Rgds
Max
"Højrup" wrote in message
After importing data with four decimals into my Excel worksheet, I want to
round off all data to one decimal. It is rather cumbersome to round each
datapoint one by one. Is there a quicker way?

After importing data with four decimals into my Excel

worksheet, I want to
round off all data to one decimal. It is rather

cumbersome to round each
datapoint one by one. Is there a quicker way?
.
Highlight all the columns with the data in them. Then

format to 2 decimal places in one go.