-   -   vlookup or similar help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/90676-vlookup-similar-help.html)

Ash

vlookup or similar help

In the same spreadsheet I have the following scenario;
Tab "product index" in column A there are names of products like'
Apple
Orange
Banana and etc
On column B there are product numbers of these items (side by side)
Apple 124568520
Orange 564589700

What I need is when I input customer orders in a tab called "orders"
(same spreadsheet, different tab) to get the product numbers when i
type the product name.
Example
I am in "orders" tab col A, cell A1 and typed orange I want the product
number to show in B1. Any help?

--
Ash

JMB

vlookup or similar help

=VLookup(A1, 'Product Index'!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)

Change the Product Index range as necessary.