-   -   Display cell contents in one xcell doc. from another xcell doc. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/90596-display-cell-contents-one-xcell-doc-another-xcell-doc.html)

Zippy

Display cell contents in one xcell doc. from another xcell doc.

I am trying to display data from an xcell workbook "A"
in another xcell workbook "B".
I tried linking the cells using a hyperlink but all that did was pull the
entire sheet "A" into Sheet "B".
I also have used the array command to do this within the same document but
not outside the document.
Perhaps I'm not using either of these commands correctly, or there is a
different command, or there is no way of doing this.
Can anybody help me
thanks

[email protected]

Display cell contents in one xcell doc. from another xcell doc.

Try starting in the destination cell and using the formula ' =(cell
no)' .

eg : I want the contents of A1 on sheet1 to appear at C1 on sheet2. I
would click on C1, then type " =", then go to the cell you want to
appear, click on it, then hit enter. It will send you back to the
destination cell and the same information will appear there. Everytime
you change the data in sheet1, it will change automatically in Sheet2.
Hope that helped