-   -   Dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9040-dates.html)

aeroman55

Dates

How can I return a date, six months plus the first of the following month
from a specified date? In other words, both January 1, 2005 and January 31,
2005 would return August 1 2005.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

With specified date in A1
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+7,1)

Arvi Laanemets

"aeroman55" wrote in message
How can I return a date, six months plus the first of the following month
from a specified date? In other words, both January 1, 2005 and January

31,
2005 would return August 1 2005.

Jason Morin

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+7,1)