-   -   DSUM problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/90331-dsum-problem.html)

duncan79

DSUM problem

Anyone know what expression i need to use in a DSUM condition cell in
order to get it to filter the results on a month basis??????

I've posted in misc, but no one seems to know......

--
duncan79
duncan79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30833

Miguel Zapico

DSUM problem

That is not too much information, but as you are using DSUM it is supposed
that you have a table to look at, and as you are looking for month figures,
it is supposed that you have a date/time field.
I would recommend creating a new column on the table, with the MONTH formula
(or a combination of MONTH and YEAR), and use that column in the DSUM
condition range (database functions don't take conditions from a single cell,
review the help if you have doubts on that)

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"duncan79" wrote:

Anyone know what expression i need to use in a DSUM condition cell in
order to get it to filter the results on a month basis??????

I've posted in misc, but no one seems to know......

--
duncan79
duncan79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30833
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545087

Peo Sjoblom

DSUM problem

What do you mean by that, I answered a similar post from you on May 18 with
clear instructions on how to use DSUM for January 2006?

http://tinyurl.com/qsk66

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"duncan79" wrote:

Anyone know what expression i need to use in a DSUM condition cell in
order to get it to filter the results on a month basis??????

I've posted in misc, but no one seems to know......

--
duncan79
duncan79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30833
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545087

Miguel Zapico

DSUM problem

Sorry, I didn't see the post before.

Peo is right, what is wrong with his answer?

Miguel.