-   -   If Range has certain value, add corresponding value from other col (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/90138-if-range-has-certain-value-add-corresponding-value-other-col.html)

Katie

If Range has certain value, add corresponding value from other col

I have found numerous questions around this subject using dates, but none
that match perfectly so I figured I'd ask the experts.

I have a column of names repeating each day (Column B) and a column of how
many samples were taken from that person on that day. (Column D) What I'm
trying to do is say, "Every row that column b equals, "John Smith", sum the
corresponding column d"

I can't figure out a way to do this using the IF or SUM statements. Any help
would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ardus Petus

If Range has certain value, add corresponding value from other col

=SUMIF(B:B,"John Smith",D:D)

HTH
--
AP

"Katie" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have found numerous questions around this subject using dates, but none
that match perfectly so I figured I'd ask the experts.

I have a column of names repeating each day (Column B) and a column of how
many samples were taken from that person on that day. (Column D) What I'm
trying to do is say, "Every row that column b equals, "John Smith", sum
the
corresponding column d"

I can't figure out a way to do this using the IF or SUM statements. Any
help
would be appreciated. Thank you.

Katie

If Range has certain value, add corresponding value from other

Thank you so much. I feel stupid, I kept trying to use arrays and it wasn't
working. Thank you.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

=SUMIF(B:B,"John Smith",D:D)

HTH