-   -   Updating links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9004-updating-links.html)

Brian

Updating links

Help!

I have placed a two workbooks on a server one workbook relies on the other
for data. I have changed the sources after placing them on the server and I
set the workbook to automatically update the link. However, each time I open
the workbook I still continues to prompt the question whether or not to
update links. What could be the problem?

Thank you,
Brian

Dave Peterson

Are you using xl2002+?

If yes and you change the setting via:
Edit|links|startup prompt

then try toggling a setting under:
tools|options|edit tab|uncheck Ask to update automatic links.

Excel will use the setting for excel (not the workbook) if there seems to be a
discrepancy.

And that seems pretty reasonable to me.

--

Dave Peterson