-   -   Function Formula is displayed not results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9000-re-function-formula-displayed-not-results.html)

iloveexcellllll

Function Formula is displayed not results

Also, just be sure you have typed and equal sign at the beginning of your
formula.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Kevin,
If F2 then enter fixes it or if F9 fixes it then you have calculation turned off.

Make sure you have calculation turned on
Tools, Options, Calculation (tab), Calculation: automatic
shortcut toggle is Alt+` (accent grave) or whatever is to left of the number row.

If that is not the problem then you probably have a space or other character
in the formula where it doesn't belong like before the equal sign.

If you don't see the problem/solution yet then try TrimALL macro
you might have CHAR(160) the nonbreaking space character ( )
which you are likely to have if you copy your data from HTML.

Keyboard shortcuts in Excel
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm
---
HTH,

"Kevin Gillilland" wrote in message
I can't get the cell to display the results of a formula. Only the formula
is displayed. Under options, view, the formula box is not checked. I'm
using concatentate and the fields are formated as text