-   -   edit bar is missing, where is it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/89732-edit-bar-missing-where.html)

Mary Ellis

edit bar is missing, where is it

I closed something in the toolbars and the edit bar went missing, how do I
get it back... in case that isn't what it is called, it is the bar that shows
the contents of a cell when you click into the cell.
Thanks
Mary

Biff

edit bar is missing, where is it

That would be the Formula bar.

Goto to the View menu and select Formula bar.

Biff

"Mary Ellis" wrote in message
I closed something in the toolbars and the edit bar went missing, how do I
get it back... in case that isn't what it is called, it is the bar that
shows
the contents of a cell when you click into the cell.
Thanks
Mary

Mary Ellis

edit bar is missing, where is it

Biff, thanks so much, I think I was trying to make it to difficult.
Thanks again,
Mary

"Mary Ellis" wrote in message
I closed something in the toolbars and the edit bar went missing, how do I
get it back... in case that isn't what it is called, it is the bar that
shows
the contents of a cell when you click into the cell.
Thanks
Mary

Biff

edit bar is missing, where is it