-   -   Reference Worksheet Name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/89583-reference-worksheet-name.html)

Leann

Reference Worksheet Name

I would like to be able to change the name of a worksheet and have it change
in all of the formulas that reference it as well. Is there an easy way to do
this?

Ardus Petus

Reference Worksheet Name

Put worksheet name in a definite cell (say A1)

use INDIRECT:
=INDIRECT(A1&"!b10")

HTH
--
AP

"Leann" a écrit dans le message de news:
I would like to be able to change the name of a worksheet and have it
change
in all of the formulas that reference it as well. Is there an easy way to
do
this?

[email protected]

Reference Worksheet Name

If all the formulas are on the same workbook, then yes - just rename it
and excel will do the rest.

Larry S

Reference Worksheet Name

Assuming you have simply hardcoded the name in each formula, then all you
need to do is change the name of the worksheet and EXCEL will change that
reference in all your equations.

"Leann" wrote in message
I would like to be able to change the name of a worksheet and have it
change
in all of the formulas that reference it as well. Is there an easy way to
do
this?

Miguel Zapico

Reference Worksheet Name

If the worksheet is on an open workbook, all the formulas that refer to that
worksheet should change automatically as you change the name.
Also, you can use Find/Replace from the Edit menu, if you have indirect
formulas. Try first on a backup copy, in any case.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Leann" wrote:

I would like to be able to change the name of a worksheet and have it change
in all of the formulas that reference it as well. Is there an easy way to do
this?

Mark

Reference Worksheet Name

Just wanted to extend a thanks; saved me a few hours work. Works great;
=SUM(INDIRECT(C126&"!e36"):(INDIRECT(C126&"!e49")) )*1000

where C126 is tje definite name for my worksheets.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Put worksheet name in a definite cell (say A1)

use INDIRECT:
=INDIRECT(A1&"!b10")

HTH
--
AP

"Leann" a écrit dans le message de news:
I would like to be able to change the name of a worksheet and have it
change
in all of the formulas that reference it as well. Is there an easy way to
do
this?

Dave Peterson

Reference Worksheet Name

Depending on what's in C126, you may need:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'" & C126&"'!e36"):(INDIRECT("'" & C126&"'!e49")))*1000

The additional apostrophes won't hurt if they're not needed.