Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Edward Owen

Default Merging worksheets into one

Is it possible to take 3 or 4 identical spreadsheets, each identical in
design, but with unique data and merge them into one?

This would be used to count votes in a local election. There would be
approximately 46 precincts in the spreadsheet, and four people would have
identical copies on networked computers. They would enter precincts one at
a time as they are called in, with results for each precinct ONLY being
entered by one of the four operators.

I'd then like to merge (or add them together) to get running totals.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

See this for workbooks
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

Or do you want to do it for worksheets

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Edward Owen" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to take 3 or 4 identical spreadsheets, each identical in design, but with unique data and merge them into one?

This would be used to count votes in a local election. There would be approximately 46 precincts in the spreadsheet, and four
people would have identical copies on networked computers. They would enter precincts one at a time as they are called in, with
results for each precinct ONLY being entered by one of the four operators.

I'd then like to merge (or add them together) to get running totals.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Edward Owen

No, I meant individual spreadsheets, but typed worksheets in the subject
line by mistake.

I'll check it out! Thanks!