-   -   Removing the last two digits of a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/89139-removing-last-two-digits-cell.html)

kestrel

Removing the last two digits of a cell

Hi guys,

I've got a list of 16 digit numbers and I want to remove the last two
digits from each one.

I am totally stuck as to how I can do this. Can't use find and replace
as the numbers are totally random.

Is there a function or option that can do this?

Thanks

Kestrel

--
kestrel
kestrel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19082

Bob Phillips

Removing the last two digits of a cell

in an adjacent column

=left(a1,14)

and copy down

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"kestrel" wrote in
message ...

Hi guys,

I've got a list of 16 digit numbers and I want to remove the last two
digits from each one.

I am totally stuck as to how I can do this. Can't use find and replace
as the numbers are totally random.

Is there a function or option that can do this?

Thanks

Kestrel

--
kestrel
kestrel's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542957

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Removing the last two digits of a cell

=INT(A1/100)
where A1 is the number
Note: 16-digit #s are stored as 15-digits with the last one being a 0.

"kestrel" wrote:

Hi guys,

I've got a list of 16 digit numbers and I want to remove the last two
digits from each one.

I am totally stuck as to how I can do this. Can't use find and replace
as the numbers are totally random.

Is there a function or option that can do this?

Thanks

Kestrel

--
kestrel
kestrel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19082
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542957

Kevin Vaughn

Removing the last two digits of a cell

If you want to remove the last 2 digits (avoiding rounding issues) and want
to keep it a number, you might want to try:
=--LEFT(B1,14)

--
Kevin Vaughn