Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup based on two conditions

I have two tabs with a large amount of data in each.
They are called "5-8 ICAS" and "5-15 ICAS".
The header row on both sheets are exactly the same.
Due to fear of macros here at work, I won't be able to use one for
this.

What I want to do is have a formula in cell T2 on sheet "5-15 ICAS"
that will find the row on sheet "5-8 ICAS" where cells A2, D2, R2 are
the same, and then return the value in Column L
There will only be one row on sheet "5-8 ICAS" that will meet all 3 of
those conditions so there is no worry of duplicates.

Example:

Sheet - 5-15 ICAS
A2=1
D2=2
R2=3
T2=Cell that the Formula will be in

Sheet - 5-8 ICAS
A D L R
4 4 8 6
3 2 1 3
1 2 9 3
7 2 1 3

In this instance, the result that would be returned in T2 is "9" since
all 3 conditions are met.

I hope it can be done and that I've made it clear.

Thanks for your help.