-   -   Counting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88742-counting.html)

são paulo

Counting

Hello
Can someone help me? I want to make an excel table for a tournament i'm
organizing. the function which i'd like to know is the following:
in each column, i'd have the names of the players that have scored
goals (each column would be one match). So I'd like to know a formula
that would count how many times each player appears and give me a list
of all of them.
Was I clear? If not, please ask and I'll try to explain again.
Thanks in advance

--
são paulo
são paulo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34468

davesexcel

Counting

How about this
in B1 enter the name you want to count
enter this function in C1 or wherever this is just an example of how to
count

=COUNTIF(A1:A9,B1)
A1:A9 is the range of names
B1 is the criteria