-   -   Macro or function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88735-macro-function.html)

MIchel Khennafi

Macro or function

Good afternoon,

I have a situation where the content of a cell is based on what the active
cell is. This is to display a Help message. I know i could use the Data
Validation Message but this is not a good use for what we are trying to
achieve.

If the Active cell is A1, then B1 = the content of a cell C1
If the Active cell is A2, then B1 = the content of a cell C2
If the Active cell is A3, then B1 = the content of a cell C3
.... and so on

Has anyone created such a macro (i suppose this is a worksheet macro)... Any
help woul dbe welcome

Miguel Zapico

Macro or function

You may try this macro in the SelectionChange event of the worksheet:
On Error Resume Next
If Target.Column = 1 Then
Range("B1").Value = Target.Offset(0, 2).Value

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"MIchel Khennafi" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have a situation where the content of a cell is based on what the active
cell is. This is to display a Help message. I know i could use the Data
Validation Message but this is not a good use for what we are trying to
achieve.

If the Active cell is A1, then B1 = the content of a cell C1
If the Active cell is A2, then B1 = the content of a cell C2
If the Active cell is A3, then B1 = the content of a cell C3
.... and so on

Has anyone created such a macro (i suppose this is a worksheet macro)... Any
help woul dbe welcome

Gary''s Student

Macro or function

In worksheet code:

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
Range("B1").Value = Range("C1").Value
End If
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A2")) Is Nothing Then
Range("B1").Value = Range("C2").Value
End If
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then
Range("B1").Value = Range("C3").Value

This will trigger from either a mouse click or arrow key usage.

REMEMBER: worksheet code
--
Gary's Student