JHoleman1

Default How do I sort a column of street number/street name by the stree.

How do I sort a column of street number/street name by the street name. I
want to omit the numeric and sort by the street name in Ecel.

Example: 412 South Street
1512 Mercury Ave

In this example, Mercury Street would be listed first in alpha order.
Bob Phillips

Create a helper column, say B, and in B1 use

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,99)

copy down and then sort on column B

--

HTH

RP

"JHoleman1" wrote in message
How do I sort a column of street number/street name by the street name.

want to omit the numeric and sort by the street name in Ecel.

Example: 412 South Street
1512 Mercury Ave

In this example, Mercury Street would be listed first in alpha order.

JHoleman1

I literally copied your formula to my spreadsheet (changing the column and
row number) and nothing happened. Hit enter and my helper column just showed
the formula. I must be doing something wrong. Any other suggestions?