-   -   In a column of numbers I need a function to find the last entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88490-column-numbers-i-need-function-find-last-entry.html)

Charlie Bamford

In a column of numbers I need a function to find the last entry

For example I have a column that shows the running balance on a bank account.
I want to find the latest balance which will be on the last populated row of
the spreadsheet

Bob Phillips

In a column of numbers I need a function to find the last entry

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10<""),A1:A10)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Charlie Bamford" wrote in
message ...
For example I have a column that shows the running balance on a bank

account.
I want to find the latest balance which will be on the last populated row

of
the spreadsheet

JethroUK©

In a column of numbers I need a function to find the last entry

it's good practise to put total at the top (fixed cell) for these very
reasons - because you have an expanding list doesn't mean you have to keep
re-siting the total

"Charlie Bamford" wrote in
message ...
For example I have a column that shows the running balance on a bank

account.
I want to find the latest balance which will be on the last populated row

of
the spreadsheet

Charlie Bamford

In a column of numbers I need a function to find the last entr

Fantastic!
Thanks for your help

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10<""),A1:A10)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Charlie Bamford" wrote in
message ...
For example I have a column that shows the running balance on a bank

account.
I want to find the latest balance which will be on the last populated row

of
the spreadsheet

daddylonglegs

In a column of numbers I need a function to find the last entry

=lookup(9.99999999999999e+307,a:a)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486