-   -   Increasing values in Price column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88365-increasing-values-price-column.html)

Gold N Silver

Increasing values in Price column

Hi,

I run a business and in my spread sheet I have a column for prices - Since
gold and silver have risen to all time highs I need to increase the prices by
20% - there are over 24,000 items - is there an easy way to do that ?

Thanks for your help !

Nipper

Increasing values in Price column

You can load the value "1.2" in a unused cell in your spreadsheet. Then Copy
that cell. Then using the Paste Special command along with the "Multiply"
box clicked, multiply all your gold and silver values by 1.2.

Nipper

"Gold N Silver" wrote:

Hi,

I run a business and in my spread sheet I have a column for prices - Since
gold and silver have risen to all time highs I need to increase the prices by
20% - there are over 24,000 items - is there an easy way to do that ?

Thanks for your help !

Ron Coderre

Increasing values in Price column

Try this:

Enter 1.20 in a cell
Copy that cell

Select the cells of your current list prices
<edit<paste special
Check: Multiply
Check: Values
Click the [OK] button

When done, delete the contents of the cell holding 1.20

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Gold N Silver" wrote:

Hi,

I run a business and in my spread sheet I have a column for prices - Since
gold and silver have risen to all time highs I need to increase the prices by
20% - there are over 24,000 items - is there an easy way to do that ?

Thanks for your help !

Gold N Silver

Increasing values in Price column

That did the trick - thank you to both of you who responded! What a great
community :)