-   -   Excel - formula to calculate colored fill cells within a range wi. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8834-excel-formula-calculate-colored-fill-cells-within-range-wi.html)

MA

Excel - formula to calculate colored fill cells within a range wi.

I am making a report that is by province and have highlighted all the cell in
the coloum in the color fill that is assigned to that province. I want to
do a formula that will add all the colored cells for each province without
having to manually go and select the colored cells for the answer...is there
a way to have the formula reconqnize the color only for the answer for within
the range??? Would save a lot of time....

JulieD

Hi

check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for ideas on working with
colours