-   -   Copy a Workbook Automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88155-copy-workbook-automatically.html)

Len

Copy a Workbook Automatically

Our home office in Africa is sending an Excel CSV file. For some reason four
Columns come accross as date field columns when they are not.

I have created a Master Workbook with Macro code behind it. I need to
automatically Copy the Workbook and transfer the daily Excel CSV file from
Africa into the New (or copied) Workbook.

Can this be done or do we need to purchase MSAccess to do it. This is my
first experience with Excel.

Thank You

Len

David Biddulph

"Len" wrote in message
Our home office in Africa is sending an Excel CSV file. For some reason
four
Columns come accross as date field columns when they are not.

I have created a Master Workbook with Macro code behind it. I need to
automatically Copy the Workbook and transfer the daily Excel CSV file from
Africa into the New (or copied) Workbook.

Can this be done or do we need to purchase MSAccess to do it. This is my
first experience with Excel.

Call the file .txt, rather than .csv, and when you are importing make the
relevant columns text.
--
David Biddulph