-   -   Gas Mileage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88147-gas-mileage.html)

Patsy

Gas Mileage

What would be the calculation to find out: How many days can I go on a tank
of gas if: I get 29 mpg / 15 gal tank / 24 miles round trip.

Liz Steffen

Gas Mileage

=(29*15)/24

mpg multiplied by tank size divided by miles per round trip. Gives you
about 18 trips.
--
-----
Thank you,

"Patsy" wrote:

What would be the calculation to find out: How many days can I go on a tank
of gas if: I get 29 mpg / 15 gal tank / 24 miles round trip.

Ron Coderre

Gas Mileage

The tank holds 15 gallons
You get 29 mpg
So the tank holds 435 miles (15 gal per tank*29 mpg)

You travel 24 miles per day
The tank holds 18.125 days (435 miles per tank/24 miles per day)

The entire formula is:
=(15*29)/24
=18.125

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Patsy" wrote:

What would be the calculation to find out: How many days can I go on a tank
of gas if: I get 29 mpg / 15 gal tank / 24 miles round trip.

Patsy

Gas Mileage

Thank you!

"Patsy" wrote:

What would be the calculation to find out: How many days can I go on a tank
of gas if: I get 29 mpg / 15 gal tank / 24 miles round trip.

Patsy

Gas Mileage

Liz, thank you!