-   -   Make a formula to calculate the avarage of baseball stats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88123-make-formula-calculate-avarage-baseball-stats.html)

Confused at Work

Make a formula to calculate the avarage of baseball stats

Last night I went two for two, i have that in two seperate rows, how many
times I was up and how many times I got a hit. Now I want to caluclate the
average of that which i know would be 1.000. But I have 30 games this year
and want to at the end of the column calculate my total average for the year.
Thanks for your help.

CLR

Make a formula to calculate the avarage of baseball stats

=AVERAGE(A1:A30)

You will need to enter the appropriate zeros if any

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Confused at Work" wrote:

Last night I went two for two, i have that in two seperate rows, how many
times I was up and how many times I got a hit. Now I want to caluclate the
average of that which i know would be 1.000. But I have 30 games this year
and want to at the end of the column calculate my total average for the year.
Thanks for your help.

SteveG

Make a formula to calculate the avarage of baseball stats

Say your at bats are in A1:A30 and your hits are in B1:B30.

=SUM(B1:B30)/sum(A1:A30)

As you add data, your average will change accordingly. If you want to
get into more detailed stats, visit this site for the formulas.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/stats.shtml

HTH

Steve

--