-   -   how can I highlight a cell if it meets year and month criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88121-how-can-i-highlight-cell-if-meets-year-month-criteria.html)

Clyde

how can I highlight a cell if it meets year and month criteria

This is the formula that I have in the column:
=IF(K104=0,"",(DATE(YEAR(K104),MONTH(K104)+24,DAY( K104))))

If the month and year is reached I want the cell highlighted in red, if
exceeded I want the cell in yellow.

How do I do this?

Dav

how can I highlight a cell if it meets year and month criteria

Look at format_conditional formating
Choose 2 conditions and the colours you require if they are met

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Barb Reinhardt

how can I highlight a cell if it meets year and month criteria

You would do this using conditional formatting. Let's say you want to have
the cell highlighted if the date is <= today.

Select the cells
Format - Conditional formatting
Formula is: (select the first cell) and then enter <= today()

You should see something like

=$A$1<=today()

You will probably want to remove the $ from the formula if it applies to
multiple cells.

HTH.

Barb Reinhardt