-   -   easy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/88056-easy.html)

kyegibbon

easy

hi. this is probably an easy question, but please could someone give
some help.

I have a list of names in a column..
in another column i want a list of a website URL, forward slash the
name
for example:
B C
freddy http://www.website.com/freddy
john http://www.website.com/john
rupert http://www.website.com/rupert
anne http://www.website.com/anne

i want the 'C' column to automatically complete when a name is entered
i tried "http://www.website.com/"=B1

but didnt work

thanks if anyone can help
kye

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34335

Don Guillett

easy

It's only easy if you know how. Pls try to use meaningful subject lines for
the archives.
=HYPERLINK("http://www.website.com/"&A10)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"kyegibbon" wrote
in message ...

[...]

easy question?

sorry about that, couldnt think of how to describe the question.
thanks alot ive got it now,
its for making a froogle listing see

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34335
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

Don Guillett

easy question?

glad to help. "How to create hyperlink automatically"

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"kyegibbon" wrote
in message ...

sorry about that, couldnt think of how to describe the question.
thanks alot ive got it now,
its for making a froogle listing see

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

kyegibbon

easy question?

hi one more thing please

Now that I've got the results I want to in my cells, is there anyway of
clearing the code?
i.e. having what is displayed as the actual content of the cell

http://www.website.com/jimmy

instead of

HYPERLINK=("http://www.website.com/"&A10)

beacuse its all gotta be normal text for froogle feeds

thanks again,
kye

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34335
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

kyegibbon

easy question?

*by the way, im just using these names as product examples, im not
actually pimping jimmy and co on froogle

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34335
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

kyegibbon

easy question?

*by the way, im just using these names as product examples, im not
actually pimping jimmy and co. on froogle

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34335
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

Peo Sjoblom

easy question?

That's what it does

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"kyegibbon" wrote in
message ...

hi one more thing please

Now that I've got the results I want to in my cells, is there anyway of
clearing the code?
i.e. having what is displayed as the actual content of the cell

http://www.website.com/jimmy

instead of

HYPERLINK=("http://www.website.com/"&A10)

beacuse its all gotta be normal text for froogle feeds

thanks again,
kye

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

kyegibbon

easy question?

no i meant the actual content to be what is displayed.
if you click on the cell, and look in the = textbox in the top toolbar
it's still going to contain the formula, i want it to just contain the
result of the formula if you know what i mean?

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34335
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

Don Guillett

easy question?

I don't know what you mean
if you put in a formula =2*3, in the formula box that is what you will see.
In the cell you will see 6

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"kyegibbon" wrote in
message ...

no i meant the actual content to be what is displayed.
if you click on the cell, and look in the = textbox in the top toolbar
it's still going to contain the formula, i want it to just contain the
result of the formula if you know what i mean?

--
kyegibbon
kyegibbon's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541032

David Biddulph

easy question?

"Don Guillett" wrote in message

"kyegibbon" wrote
in message ...

no i meant the actual content to be what is displayed.
if you click on the cell, and look in the = textbox in the top toolbar
it's still going to contain the formula, i want it to just contain the
result of the formula if you know what i mean?

I don't know what you mean
if you put in a formula =2*3, in the formula box that is what you will
see. In the cell you will see 6

If you want the formula to show 6, then Copy, and Paste Special/ Values
--
David Biddulph