-   -   Recursive Functio help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87926-recursive-functio-help.html)

BigBobbo

Recursive Functio help

I'm having trouble trying to create a function for a running total of
data...

1
2
3 10,000
4 = sum(a3)
5
6 20,000
7 = sum(a6, a3)
8
9 30,000
10 = sum(a9, a6, a3)

as you can see, i'm trying to create a recursive function that will
keep a running total of all the values before it, but i'd like to use
the same function for each... not just manually changing the function
on each row, that way if I copy/paste, and add a new set of data at the
end, the function will keep going.

I've been trying to use a combination of INDIRECT(), and ADDRESS()
functions, to isolate which cells to add, but the SUM() function
doesn't let me use either of those functions inside of it.

I've been searching for the answer myself for awhile, but can't find a
solution. Anyone here have any ideas?

--
BigBobbo
BigBobbo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34310