-   -   VLOOKUP needing to match two cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87920-vlookup-needing-match-two-cells.html)

Liz Steffen

VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

I have a worksheet with data. I need to match the date and the shift and
return the value to a summary page.

Sample data:
Date Shift AvailMin Oper_BreaksOper_StickerMach
2/9/2009 2 480 60 0
5/5/2006 2 480 0 0
5/5/2006 1 480 24 14

So, I need to lookup Date and Shift and return to the cell the available
minutes.

Sheet sample of where data goes to:

5/9/2006
DAILY

Operational
Shift 1 Shift 2
Breaks (value of 24 would go here)
Sticker Machine
Breakdown Infeed
Breakdown Hoist
Infeed Lug Loader
Infeed Moisture Meter
Infeed Tipple
Infeed Table

--
-----
Thank you,

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

If that 24 is in column D and the sheet name is "Sheet1", for example, and if
the date 5/5 is in cell C2 of the Summary sheet, (lots of assumptions!) then
this formula in the Summary sheet would work:
=INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH(C2&"1",Sheet1!A1:A100&Shee t1!B1:B100,0))
This formula needs to be ctrl/shift/entered, not simply entered.
the C2&"1" is because C2 contains 5/5/2006 and the "1" is the shift.
HTH

"Liz Steffen" wrote:

I have a worksheet with data. I need to match the date and the shift and
return the value to a summary page.

Sample data:
Date Shift AvailMin Oper_BreaksOper_StickerMach
2/9/2009 2 480 60 0
5/5/2006 2 480 0 0
5/5/2006 1 480 24 14

So, I need to lookup Date and Shift and return to the cell the available
minutes.

Sheet sample of where data goes to:

5/9/2006
DAILY

Operational
Shift 1 Shift 2
Breaks (value of 24 would go here)
Sticker Machine
Breakdown Infeed
Breakdown Hoist
Infeed Lug Loader
Infeed Moisture Meter
Infeed Tipple
Infeed Table

--
-----
Thank you,
Liz

Peo Sjoblom

VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

=INDEX(Minute_Range,MATCH(1,(Date_Range=lookup1)*( Shift_Range=lookup2),0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Liz Steffen" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with data. I need to match the date and the shift and
return the value to a summary page.

Sample data:
Date Shift AvailMin Oper_BreaksOper_StickerMach
[...]

Hi Bob,

You have been very helpful. Here is my syntax and it's not working.

=INDEX(Header!D:D,MATCH(A2&"1",Header!A2:A700&Head er!B2:B700,0))

Can you help some more?

--
-----
Thank you,

"Liz Steffen" wrote:

I have a worksheet with data. I need to match the date and the shift and
return the value to a summary page.

Sample data:
Date Shift AvailMin Oper_BreaksOper_StickerMach
2/9/2009 2 480 60 0
5/5/2006 2 480 0 0
5/5/2006 1 480 24 14

So, I need to lookup Date and Shift and return to the cell the available
minutes.

Sheet sample of where data goes to:

5/9/2006
DAILY

Operational
Shift 1 Shift 2
Breaks (value of 24 would go here)
Sticker Machine
Breakdown Infeed
Breakdown Hoist
Infeed Lug Loader
Infeed Moisture Meter
Infeed Tipple
Infeed Table

--
-----
Thank you,
Liz

geo chevko

VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

using 2 worksheets. first is the bid sheet, second is the database.

I need to find a set value from a database which will first lookup a part
number/name and then, depending on an entered letter sequence, return a cost.
Think of ordering a car "A", and having options for certain tires. The
letter sequence, lets say "t1" would return a cost for tires accordingly but
based on only car "A"

I first choose a part from a drop down box (col b). in col C a price is
generated via lookup from col B. in col D I might need an assembly item for
that paticular part which comes in several types. In col A I want to enter a
letter sequence which row D will recognize by first matching col B in a
database, then depending on the "letter sequece" will return a value (cost).
Help