-   -   Data Lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8772-data-lists.html)

Steve H.

Data Lists

Hi:

I have a master list of employees (list A) and a sub list of employees with
dependants (list B).

All employees in list B the dependant list are also in list A the master
list.

I want to put these lists side by side so that the employee ID for list A is
in Column A and the employee ID for list B is in coulmn B and the number of
dependants from list B is in Column C.

In column D I would like a formula that searches column A and B for a match
of employee ID and returns the number of dependants from Column C. Both
lists contain over 1,000 rows so not really easy to match them up manually.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Steve