-   -   Embedding a macro within a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87524-embedding-macro-within-formula.html)

rjhutch

Embedding a macro within a formula

I would like to run a macro if the criteria within a "IF" function is TRUE

eg. IF(g12=0,"run macro") can this be accomplished withing the formula or do
I have to create it in VBA? I'm not at all familiar with Visual Basic.
I'm trying to hide selected rows when a given value is equal to zero. Is
there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks for your help

Pete_UK

Embedding a macro within a formula

An easy way of hiding rows is to set up Autofilters - then you can
choose a criteria for which to hide the rows (e.g. select Custom from
the pull-down, then Does Not Equal and 0 (zero) to display only the
non-zero rows).

Hope this helps.

Pete

rjhutch

Embedding a macro within a formula

Works like a charm! - thanks for your help Pete!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

An easy way of hiding rows is to set up Autofilters - then you can
choose a criteria for which to hide the rows (e.g. select Custom from
the pull-down, then Does Not Equal and 0 (zero) to display only the
non-zero rows).

Hope this helps.

Pete

Pete_UK