-   -   How can I add hours and minutes then multiply by cost per hour? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87504-how-can-i-add-hours-minutes-then-multiply-cost-per-hour.html)

Tom DiBell

How can I add hours and minutes then multiply by cost per hour?

I'm a handyman who works on many apartments and homes and many little
projects within those places. I need to let the real estate firm know what I
did and how long it took to do it. I need to put together a time sheet
showing what time I started a project and what time I ended that project. A
column with the total number of hours and minutes after that. A total number
of hours and minutes at the bottom of that column. And a total cost for the
hours worked. I need a column with description of what I did and then at the
very bottom a total for the entire job. Does anyone have any idea how I can
do this? I've tried and failed miserably, and I thought I was pretty
advanced in the use of Excel! So now I ask, rather, beg for help. Anyone????

Peo Sjoblom

How can I add hours and minutes then multiply by cost per hour?

Just put the times like start 08:00 AM end 05:00 PM for instance in A1 start
and B1 end

then

=B1-A1

then total at the end of the week or whenever

=SUM(C1:C5)

format as [hh]:mm

then finally multiply with 24 and the payrate

=C2*24*Pay_Rate

and format as currency or general

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com